Welcome to Education section of SPSP pages. The Education committe of SPPS has collected here material and links to a number of resources related to teaching of plant biology as well as to other sites of general interest and value.
SPPS Education Committee
SPPS Education Committee aims to promote and improve the interest in and teaching of plant biology at all levels of education, from pre-school education and up to and including university education. The Committee also works to promote the public awareness of plant biology as a science with high relevance for society.
The Committee was formally established on August 24th 2011 in the XXIV General Assembly held in Stavanger, Norway.
- Workshops and Education sessions in the SPPS Congresses
- Education “corner” in the SPPS Newsletters
- Information at SPPS homepage for students, teachers and general public
- Co-operation with American and European Plant Biology Societies
- Translation of ASPB teaching materials to the Scandinavian languages
- “Fascination of Plants”-day, 18 May, 2015