SPPS is affiliated with three international organisations.
SPPS was an active founding member of FESPB and two SPPS members have so far served as presidents in this society. Membership in FESPB is included in the membership fee of SPPS. This means that members of SPPS are entiteled to all membership benefits of the FESPB. To see the activities you can attend to and grants you can apply as well as other information on FESPB please visit their home page. SPPS is represented in FESPB meetings by the President of SPPS.
A collaboration agreement (A Memorandum of Understanding) between SPPS and EPSO was signed in 2009. Professor Jan K. Schjørring acts a SPPS representative in official EPSO meetings. Information about this organisation and EPSO activities relevant to SPPS members such as meetings, cources and workshops can be found on the EPSO webpages.
Global Plant council (GPC) was established in 2009 and is a coalition of plant science societies around the world that brings plant scientists together to work synergistically towards solving the pressing problems facing humankind. Current SPPS representative in GPC is Professor Rodomiro Otriz who acts a link between SPPS and GPC.
14.7.2015 The list below is unannotated and decision on possible removal is pending.
Other plant biology related societies:
- African Crop Science Society
- American Society of Agronomy
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- Australian Society of Plant Scientists
- Botanical Society of America
- Botanical Society of Korea
- Brazilian Society of Plant Physiology
- Canadian Society of Plant Physiologists
- Chinese Society for Plant Physiology
- Crop Science Society of America
- European Plant Science Organization
- International Crop Science Society
- Japanese Society for Plant Cell and Molecular Biology
- Japanese Society of Plant Physiologists
- New Zealand Society of Plant Biologists
- Plant Canada
- Polish Society of Experimental Plant Biology
- Sociedad Argentina de Fisiologia Vegetal
- Sociedad Mexicana De Bioquimica
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Fisiologia Vegetal
- The Society for Experimental Biology