A workshop for PhD students will be arranged September 23-25 at University of Gothenburg, Sweden. The course aims to take a broad view on interactions between plants and microorganisms and will take place in the form of a workshop. The course gives 3 ECTS points and is free but the number of attending PhD student is set to a maximum of 15. You can register by sending an email to the course organizer Mats Ellerström at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 15, 2009. Please specify your name, institution and include an abstract for your presentation. You will be notified on your status no later than June 15.
Five invited senior researchers present keynote presentations, after which all attending PhD students will be given the opportunity to present their own work. The invited speakers are:
- David Mackey, Ohio State University, USA
Plant defense against bacterial pathogens
- Hans Thordal-Christensen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant defense against biotrophic fungi
- Sabine Rosahl, Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Halle, Germany
Chemical signals in plant microorganism interactions
- Rajagopal Subramaniam, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Ottawa, Canada
Interaction between cereals and mycotoxin forming fungi
- Anders Tunlid, Lund University, Sweden
Interaction between plants and fungi, mycorrhiza formation
You can find more information about the PhD course in the information flyer.